1. Why should I go with BIG GAME Fishing Charters?
We offer very affordable rates. Our guides are very experienced and knowledgeable, and our boats are fully equipped with all the necessary equipment to ensure you have an exciting and productive fishing adventure.
2. What is supplied? Do I need to bring anything?
All safety equipment, fishing gear, tackle, and bait is provided with your charter. However, based on the time of year, we suggest some off the following: hat, sweater, and/or jacket, rain gear, shorts/long pants, sun glasses, suntan lotion, a camera, drinks/snacks, positive attitude. You may also bring your favourite rods/reels or tackle as well. A Valid Ontario Fishing License is required.
3. Is the departure time and return time flexible?
Generally, we will leave the dock at 6:00am, and return at 11:00am, or 3:00pm to 8:00pm. If you wish, the times can be changed with prior notice.
4. Can you accommodate children?
Yes! Children life jackets are available.
5. Do you sell fishing license?
No! You can purchase them at a number of locations in Ontario (we will be happy to take you there). For out of town guests, arrangements can be made to have them ready for your trip.
6. Do you clean and prepare the fish we catch?
Unfortunately, the marina does not allow us to clean and prepare fish so we are no longer able to provide that service.
7. How often does weather cancel trips?
Your comfort and safety is our #1 concern, we have rescheduled some trips due to bad weather.
8. Are reservations required?
Reservations are not required, but are recommended. In the summer we are usually quite busy. If you want to guarantee your booking you will need to reserve your specific date(s). We also offer early booking discounts.
9. What are your deposit guidelines, and are they refundable?
A 50% deposit is required to hold your date. All cancellations are to be made 1 week in advance of the scheduled date, or all deposits will be forfeited. However, if your trip is cancelled due to poor weather, you may reschedule or receive a full refund.
10. Are there washroom facilities on board the vessel?
No! There are no washrooms aboard the vessel. Washrooms are located at the boat docks.
11. What if I don’t have a group; will you accommodate just 1 person?
If you do not have a group, we could fit you in with another group. Give us a call and let us work something out.
12. Are we guaranteed to catch fish?
If that were the case it wouldn’t be called fishing. However if in a rare case we do not catch any fish, we will offer a 50% discount on your next trip (NOT VALID WITH ANY PROMOTIONAL OFFER).
13. When is the best time to come fishing?
Depends on the species you like to catch. Usually our season starts in May and ends in October. However the best time of the season is the second week of June through to Septemeber.
14. Are food and drinks provided?
We do not provide food and drinks, but you are very welcome to bring along your lunch pack.
15. Do you allow alcohol on board?
Sorry, ABSOLOUTELY NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED ON BOARD!
16. Do you provide transportation?
No! Your trip does not include transportation. However as a courtesy we will pick you up and drop you off at no extra charge (within a reasonable distance) for out of town trips.
17. Are Gift Certificates available?
Yes! Gift Certificates can be purchased in $20 denominations
Hopefully we’ve answered all your questions. For any other questions, don’t hesitate to ask.